It was Monday morning, the second period’s school-bell made me alert to reshuffle the class. After looking at the settled lesson-plan for a week, I entered the classroom with new zeal and confidence to won the battle of understanding among fifty different heads of standard ten.
Introduction of chapter begun as “Darwin Theory and Evolution.” Suddenly, one student drawn my attention with the most common concept on Darwin theory-” Sir, is man descended from the ape!” (Suspicious tone it was!).
Though it is simple as suspicious
On the 12th of Feb. 2019, is the 210th birth anniversary of English naturalist, geologist and popularly known as ‘Father of Evolution’ in Biology named Charles Robert Darwin (1809-1882).
Darwin is remembered for his theory of evolution which he published
- A species is a population of organisms that
interbreedsand fertile progeny.
- Living organisms have descended with modification/variations from species that lived before them.
- Natural selection explains how the process of evolution can
- more organisms are produced than can survive or fit because of limited resources.
- organisms struggle for life, there is competition for resources.
- individuals within a population show variations in their traits and some of these traits passed on to offspring.
- fit enough individuals are more likely to survive and reproduce.
- species whose individuals are not best adapted survive others become extinct.
- the variations when accumulated over a long period of time, lead to the origin of a new species.
- How did life with hundreds of proteins originate just by chemistry without intelligent design?
- Without any intelligent design, how did the DNA code originate?
- How did
complexcellular form of organisms originate?
- How did sex originate? What is the position of human egg and sperm according to Darwin’s theory of evolution?
- I want to add a note here on
complexityof cell. Biologist agrees about an amazing design of cell that a smallest living cell has the complexity of a Boeing 747 Jumbo Jet Airplane. The components of the smallest living cell have the obvious arrangement showing intelligent design.
- Evolution needs to explain the arrival of fittest, not just the survival of the fittest.
- If fossils are the strong evidence of evolution then why are the countless millions of transitional fossils are missing? Why there
are fragmentedrecord of fossils of single so calledevolved organism or species?
- How did blind chemistry create mind, intelligence, morality, altruism in human?
Lastly, what purpose of meaning is there to this precious human life which we live! Should I teach students to be learning nihilism that, life is meaningless, hopeless and zero value in my class? The answer must be a big NO. Because I strongly believe that there must be a great intelligent designer. The supreme designer who designed even Charles Robert Darwin and J.B.S. Haldane too! As the famous scientist Elbert Einstein said-” Before God, we are all equally wise and equally foolish.”
Writes: Neol Giri